Friday, October 3, 2008

crafting is my middle name

i love to craft....craft anything

i am no expert, rather i am a beginner who loves to make all different things, but nothing is complicated.

i knit, but only the basic stitches, i bead, but simple stuff, and so on and so forth

i would love to learn more complicated things, but have no one to teach me and written directions are so impossible for me to follow. i don't know if it is the dyslexia that makes it so, but unless i can watch someone do it or have them explain it to me as i do it, then i cannot learn it no matter how hard i try.

i am currently working on an apron i am embroidering for a friend. i am using some of the patterns from sublime stitching (which i sell at my etsy/website http://www.creativemuffin.com) on a basic black three pocket apron. Niki from Bar 46 (http://www.bar46nj.com) asked me to make her one for the days she wants to wear dresses or skirts and still have her bottle opener on her.

i have roller skates and a unicorn, i will be free handing a rainbow above the unicorn and metallic stars around the roller skates. the middle pocket will have the bar 46 logo on it and i just hope she likes it.

so while i am not the most experienced crafter, or skilled, i do make all different things and sell them on my site. i love making the mr. t chocolcate lollipops and stitch markers are fun!

ok, so as a crafter whore, i love going to the bust craftacular every year...the most amazing items and dj's and open bar and....well just too much to try and list, you just have to go and experience it (http://www.bust.com/Craftacular/BUST-Holiday-Craftacular-2008.html)
so, anyway, i decided to try and apply for it. i paid my ten dollars and if, huge IF, i make it in, it is 240 additional for a 8' x 30" table and two chairs to vend...

i do not expect to get in at all, but still it is a nice idea and if i did, i would probably pass out. i submitted stitch markers and mr t chocolate lollies as samples of only some of the stuff i sell, so we shall see....

on to other things now........

today is my mother's birthday. she is currently at the hospital as my father needs a pacemaker and a defribulator and my dad was refusing it earlier (he has been exhasuted from not sleeping and half out of his mind because he slips in and out all day long, about 1 min awake, 1 min sleeping). she and my brother will be there today, everyone else will stay away in an effort to let him get as much rest as possible. the procude he is in now is about 2 hours and i am just about at my wits frayed ends....

i am trying to keep very busyto keep my mind off of it, but it is hard, so i am going to go and rescrub the sink or something....

No comments: